Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V4 Windows Downloads gives the wrong download files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V4 Windows Downloads gives the wrong download files?

Hi, I am new and am looking for the memtest86 for older systems (no UEFI). I went to the old version part of download site and selceted the : V4 Windows downloads -> Image for creating bootable USB Drive. After that I create the bootable USB, but it doens't want to stat-up/boot from the USB.

Weird piece is that when I chedk the USB stick I do see files on the USB that more look like linux files? ldlinux.sys, syslinux, isolinux.bin. So I did double check and I do click on the donwloads from windows V4 (not the linus versions below). So my thought is that the donwload reference link from Windows USB is not correct? Can somebody verify that the donwload file from the V4 windows USB bootable is not correct?

Already thanks,
    Marco

Did you try the MemTest86 flash drive on a different machine? Did you verify the boot device order is correct and is booting to the flash drive?

The image contents is the same regardless of platform/version, it is only the image container format is different for Linux and Windows. Windows user are instructed to use imageUSB to create the USB Flash Drive while Linux/Mac users can use system command 'dd' to create it.

Comment

Working...
    X