Need help on the memtest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on the memtest

Hi all, I am testing a new experiment DDR4 module. I have two dimm slots and I put one regular 8GB module on slot A. And then the experimental 8GB module on slot B. Bios saw 16 GB and two modules. And the module reports two modules run at different speed. One at 2400Mhz and another 2266Mhz. When I boot the memtest off USB, the memtest report only 6GB of physical memory. the memtest see the second module and can read the spd. Just that it only see 6GB of phyiscal memory. What could happened here ? Help please

Most machines can't support running each RAM stick at different speeds. So maybe a BIOS bug?

Comment

So, from the memtest perspective, does it take the info from bios and run test ? or does it read the spd and try to initialize the DRAM ? I want to know what could be the problem of missing physical memory size. BIOS reported 16GB abut memtest said 6GB... Thanks in advance!

Comment

MemTest86 uses what is provided by UEFI BIOS (RAM speeds, timings, voltage levels, available address ranges, etc..). It doesn't set any of the key values.

Comment

Working...
        X