Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailed RAM (SPD) information displays wrong speeds if RAM not all the same speed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailed RAM (SPD) information displays wrong speeds if RAM not all the same speed.

Just letting you know - under System information, view detailed RAM (SPD) information does not necessarily give accurate information.

We use an older version of memtest86 at work to test and properly label RAM. I believe it requires an extra step to get it to work properly and my boss is not available at the moment to tell me what that is. It displays SPECIFIC INFORMATION on EACH RAM stick, all at once, on the same screen that tests the RAM and displays the results, no having to click here, there, and everywhere.

The new version, all you have to do is click on things to get information, it is intuitive - but not correct. Understand, we fill ALL the slots wtih RAM sticks and sometimes they aren't labelled with speed and capacity, but of course the RAM has to be correctly labelled. So I put four sticks of RAM of mixed speed in the machine, and it tells me the speed of EACH of them, individually, is 10600 - the actual speed of the RAM as well as its configured memory speed. But when I double check individual sticks some of them are 12800.

You really need to fix that.

Can you share a screenshot of the incorrect values in the detailed SPD information.

Also, can you upload a copy of the MemTest86.log under EFI\BOOT\ of the USB flash drive.

Comment

Working...
    X