• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memtest86 freezing on HP Compaq 6000

Click image for larger version

Name:	Memtest86.1.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	337.9 KB
ID:	50676After installing Ubuntu 20.04 several months ago I noticed that my computer is running more slowly than before. It takes anywhere from 30 seconds to one minute to launch Chrome browser. Pages load more slowly. Other programs function more slowly. So I ran memtest86 from a restart, and it froze. I have attached a photo of the memtest screen but I don't have the technical expertise to understand the data. Please note the Test at 60% with the hash marks: it has been stuck at 60% for the last ten minutes and nothing else on the screen has changed since then. Please advise as to what I need to do to determine whether I have a problem with memory or other hardware, or if there is a firmware issue, etc. Thank you.

This is a version of Memtest86+ (note the plus at the end) which developed by someone else, you will have to contact them for support. It hasn't been updated for a long time and has some known bugs.

If your computer supports UEFI BIOS, you can try using our original version which you can download here: https://www.memtest86.com/

Comment

Thank you, Simon (PassMark). I will try that.

Comment

Working...
      X