• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezing when testing

Mobo: Gygabyte GA-970A-DS3
    CPU: AMD FX-6200
    RAM: 4 x Kingston KVR1333D3N9/4G
    I perform tests with a single memory stick in slot 0 and everything is fine. The same goes for the other memory sticks. When I try to test two at the same time (slot 0 and 2), the computer freezes after a few seconds. BIOS settings are default. Is it a motherboard or processor problem?

Can you try slots 1 & 4 instead?
    Can you try 1 stick in slot 2

Comment

That's what I forgot to mention. I also performed the tests in slot 2 for each of the memory sticks and had no errors. The problem arises when I use two in slot 0 and 2. The memory sticks are also identical. I have not tried with slots 1 and 3 yet.

Comment

Yes, try the other slots.
        Was it working in the past in this config and has recently gone bad?

You could try bumping up voltage level slightly or underclocking the RAM, as an experiment.

Comment

This motherboard has been in use for several years. For some time now, the computer has been freezing for no reason, without really understanding the origin. So I had to simply restart, and I could continue as if nothing had happened. The problem was really random. One good day, Windows can't restart. So I decide to erase everything and do a new installation. This is when I notice that the computer freezes even while installing windows. Same thing with a Linux distribution..... This morning, I loaded the BIOS in fail safe mode, I performed the tests with a single RAM in all possible slots with no errors. As soon as I use two (ex. slot 1 and 3), freezing occur.

Comment

Working...
          X