Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

104 errors in 22 minutes. Been having occasional BSOD and other issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 104 errors in 22 minutes. Been having occasional BSOD and other issues.

I'm probably a bad person for posting this in this way, but I am on a heavy time crunch and also trying to diagnose remotely from work so I can get new RAM on order ASAP if needed.

I've been having a lot of symptoms on my PC that overwhelmingly point toward memory issues. However when running memtest86, all of my errors are showing on "CPU:12"
    My fear is that I'll buy RAM only to find out it's my IMC or something else CPU related.
    My primary question is: does the attached photo seem anomalous or is this a common indicator of a specific issue?

I will be able to do more work on the issue in a few hours when I'm home but any guidance of what steps I should take when I get home so I can hit the ground running would be greatly appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	unknown.png
Views:	176
Size:	255.9 KB
ID:	50763

My current plan is to disable XMP, re-run test with only one of two modules installed and see if I get errors (obvious steps). However, I had BSOD every once in a while while not running XMP. I know I'm forgetting details so I'll answer any questions that I can. Thank you so much

Specs
    Asrock Taichi z390
    i9-9900k
    32gb (2x16gb) G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR43600CL19

Its most likely faulty RAM, try running the tests for a few more passes and send the memtest86.log file over.
    CPU cores used change for each test pass. They get allocated a different memory address range to test each pass. This is why running more than 1 pass is useful.

See here on how to troubleshoot memory errors: https://www.memtest86.com/troubleshooting.htm

Comment

Working...
    X