Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10000+ errors on memtest?

Hello,

I'm not sure if there is a better place to ask questions regarding the results of the memtest, but in short I had many BSOD, most commonly including STOP CODE: Memory Management, as well as numerous crashes on Google Chrome (especially with multiple tabs open). I suspected there was an issue with the RAM, and ran the MemTest86. When I came back after an hour, the test had aborted due to too many errors... over 10,000 of them. I've heard that even having just one error suggests replacing the RAM sticks completely, but was surprised to see over 10,000 errors. I have only enabled XMP to run it at 3200 mHz, never OC'd. The RAM modules have been used for just about a year now, so seeing so many errors is very confusing considering I have only used the PC for work and some video games. Are these results atypical considering the circumstances? Was I given a faulty pair of sticks from the moment of purchase (as I did not run into problems until roughly 1.5 months ago)? I've attached the pictures of the MemTest86 results as well, and thank you in advance to the community, cheers

Are these results atypical considering the circumstances?
    Yes, getting 10,000+ errors is not typical.

Definitely a hardware failure. Probably bad RAM.
    See
    https://www.memtest86.com/troubleshooting.htm

Comment

Working...
    X