Should I change my ram sticks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I change my ram sticks?

Hi there, I built a new PC 3 weeks ago, and I have been experience weird ass random crashes, as well as clock_watchdog_timeout blue screens.

I ran memtest86 today and got the following result:

All these errors happened during the hammer test, I stoped the test because it basically stuck there for about 3 hours.

Should I change my memory sticks?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, change them and retest, plus check if the stability in Windows improves.
    Or try using just 1 stick at a time (assuming you have 2 x 8GB sticks)

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      Yes, change them and retest, plus check if the stability in Windows improves.
      Or try using just 1 stick at a time (assuming you have 2 x 8GB sticks)
      Hey thanks a lot for the reply, my only concern is that those ram sticks were installed in my previus ivy bridge system, never game me any problem.

So I'm not sure if I ruined them when I build this new system, or my CPU is defective, I red that clock_watchdog_timeout is a CPU problem not a ram problem.. but, no idea.

I already changed my mobo in this new system, originally I bought an Asus b85m-g, I thougt that was the problem being a low end board and what not, So I bought a Gygabyte z-98 black edition.. fixed nothing. I'm just fearing to buy a couple of stick tomorrow just to find out my new CPU is the one that's messed up

Comment

Try to test the modules on it's own.
        It's also worth a shot to use the different slots, even if the manufacturer says you shouldn't.

(Had some MSI and DFI boards where I had to play around a bit with the slots, but they were actually fine)

Did you configure the timings manually?
        If not it's worth a shot and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by orioon View Post
          Try to test the modules on it's own.
          It's also worth a shot to use the different slots, even if the manufacturer says you shouldn't.

(Had some MSI and DFI boards where I had to play around a bit with the slots, but they were actually fine)

Did you configure the timings manually?
          If not it's worth a shot and vice versa.
          Hi thanks for your answer, I tried the test with both ram isolated, they both show up with errors.

Then I put one of my brother's PC stick in there and showed no error, but I would keep getting the same crashes over and over.

So I just went to the store and got a new CPU and new RAM. Everything its been working perfectly now. This whole thing has been just bizzare, in 10 years of building my own PCs never had so many problems, so either both my cpu and ram were defective, or my cpu was messing with the ram... or I dont know, the computer is working perfectly now.

Comment

Working...
          X