Test #10 - Bit Fade And Address Space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test #10 - Bit Fade And Address Space

I was wondering if the Bit Fade test only tests a sub-set of available memory? It appears all other tests will test my available memory, while the Bit Fade tests only tests a much smaller address range. It appears I can go in a manually set the address space for this test, but it will still only tests a small range, and it seems the only way to test the full available memory is to run through many iterations of this test manaully adjusting the Start and Stop range.

Is this interperation correct? and if I go to the Pro Version, would I be able to go through the entire avaialble memory space by automating this?

The bit fade test, like other tests, will test the address range specified by the min/max parameters. The only difference, however, is that it will always maintain 1MB of free space available for drivers, etc. that may need to run (eg. interrupt routine) while the bit fade test is running. So if you specify the min/max parameters to the full system address space, it may reduce the tested range by 1MB.

If you specify a reduced memory address range where at least 1MB of free space is available, the bit fade test will test the entire specified memory range. This is because there is enough free memory outside the testing range for drivers to run if necessary.

Comment

Working...
    X