Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's version can test the DDR5 module?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's version can test the DDR5 module?

Hello,
    What's version can test the DDR5 module?
    V9.2 or V9.3?

Thanks

We recommend using the latest release for MemTest86 in all cases where possible. As DDR5 has just been released to the general public, support and fixes to MemTest86 will be ongoing. The current release of Memtest86 will largely work with DDR5 - for example the functions to test RAM should work but there may be cases where it won't boot or the system information is wrong. If you encounter such a case, we ask that you provide the debug log using the newest release of MemTest86 for us to investigate.

Comment

Got it, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard (PassMark) View Post
        We recommend using the latest release for MemTest86 in all cases where possible. As DDR5 has just been released to the general public, support and fixes to MemTest86 will be ongoing. The current release of Memtest86 will largely work with DDR5 - for example the functions to test RAM should work but there may be cases where it won't boot or the system information is wrong. If you encounter such a case, we ask that you provide the debug log using the newest release of MemTest86 for us to investigate.
        Hi Richard,
        So I can understand that the latest version is based on V9.2orV9.3? If it's V8.3 what about pro? Let me ask you another question. We support LPDDR5 if I use V8.3 Pro version test, will there be risk?

Comment

The current release of Memtest86 will largely work with DDR5 - for example the functions to test RAM should work but there may be cases where it won't boot or the system information is wrong.

For the old V8 release, the reported system information will be wrong all the time. But the basic tests should still work.

Comment

To run memtest86 on ddr5 modules I need the pro version or the free version is enough?

Comment

We've done some more testing now, so the current free (and Pro) versions of Memtest86 will work with DDR5 memory.
              If you see any problems, let us know.

Comment

Working...
              X