QHD, Yoga 2 Pro, V5, V6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QHD, Yoga 2 Pro, V5, V6

Hi, I have a lenovo yoga 2 pro laptop, which has a QHD display (3200x1800). It's not unusual for some apps to have display difficulties on it, perhaps because QHD is unusually high res for a 13" screen. (Win 8.1, UEFI)

With V5 I can boot via usb. The boot is really slow, perhaps a minute to the first text output, and about 2 minutes till the test starts. But after that unusual delay it seems to run normally.

The problem is that the text is unreadable without a magnifying glass. The text area on the screen is 2.25" wide by 1" tall, containing the entire Memtest display. In other words, each row of the display is 1/12 of an inch tall.

I also tried V6 Beta 3, which wouldn't boot for me. Black screen, no messages, nothing happening.

-kaare

Can you e-mail a copy of the MemTest86.log files (for both versions, if available).

Also, if you can take a screenshot of the small text problem you are seeing and send that to us as well.

Comment

v5 Logfile and screenshot sent. v6 logfile empty.

Comment

Can you also check if SecureBoot is enabled in the BIOS setup.

MemTest86 v5 is digitally signed so it will pass SecureBoot check, but v6 beta is not (the official release will of course be signed). MemTest86 v6 beta can only run if SecureBoot is disabled.

Comment

Originally posted by keith View Post
          Can you also check if SecureBoot is enabled in the BIOS setup.
          SecureBoot is disabled in the Security page of the BIOS.

Comment

Update: After E-mail correspondence with customer it was found that a firmware update on the laptop fixed the problem with booting V6.

Further testing was done in house on a Lenovo Yoga 2, but the slow startup problem was no reproducible. So it might be related to the USB drive and not the Laptop model.

Also with V6 the high DPI QHD display was taken into account and the font sizes are larger.

Comment

Working...
            X