How to interpret MemTest86 results, errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to interpret MemTest86 results, errors

I ran MemTest86 twice (from a bootable DEFT dvd, that's why it is only version 4.20), I got a series of errors and don't know how to interpret them. Both times it seemed to get stuck at 43% (the random number test), adding more and more "errors" to the red table.

( I should add that I didn't run it to the end though, because over the past few weeks, the laptop had "overheated" several times (=BIOS measured 100°C, so CoreTemp's overheating protection shut down the laptop), and I didn't want that to happen again. The laptop has been cleaned and heat transfer paste has been renewed by now, but the error is still there. )

Click image for larger version

Name:	Foto0535.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	35189
    Last edited by m-a-j; Jan-23-2015, 11:57 AM. Reason: added more meaningful title

This screenshot looks like it is for MemTest86+, although similarly named to our own MemTest86 software, it is maintained separately. So it's best to ask them about the issue. We don't have a v4.20 version of our software.

You can give our own MemTest86 software a run and see if encounter any problems.

Comment

Working...
    X