Xeon E3-1245 V1 C206 Chipset on Dell Precision T1600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xeon E3-1245 V1 C206 Chipset on Dell Precision T1600

I just got some memory from mem-store off ebay for a Dell Precision T1600 (C206 Chipset) that is running on a Xeon E3-1245 V1. They are 2x8GB 2R DDR3-1600 UDIMM ECC.

The machine support UEFI, and I have booted it v5, but it just locks up at 18% with in RED running the memory test.

Now if I run the V4 the test is going, and it's going thus far without a problem. It's been running for 24hrs now.

I like to know what does this mean? Are the memory not ECC (V5 reports ECC is enabled). Or there is a certain settings I need to change to "properly" run V5?

Any information would help. If this means these are bad memory I like to know so I can get my money back.

I also try running V6 Beta (not sure which version, but it was downloaded last night from the link provided on this website).

Also locked up at 18%

Comment

Can you post or e-mail us the MemTest86.log file under EFI\BOOT

Comment

Originally posted by keith View Post
        Can you post or e-mail us the MemTest86.log file under EFI\BOOT
        Do you want that from V6Beta or V5?

I won't be able to get to that machine till later tonight.

Comment

V6 beta would be better.

Can you also check that you have the latest firmware for the machine.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
            V6 beta would be better.

Can you also check that you have the latest firmware for the machine.
            I just send the log via email. And yes I am running the latest BIOS from Dell A16

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/precision-t1600/drivers?rvps=y

Comment

Any news on this particular situation? is it a bug of memtest86 or combination of things. I have now run another 72hrs on the old version of memtest86 (v4.x) and it hasn't failed once yet.

I also have try the original memory that came from Dell with v6 Beta and it also freezes (but at 32%)... so it looks like it's non-memory related...

Comment

Keith will have a look at it, but it is a long week-end in Canada BC, (where he is at the moment) so he won't get to it until tomorrow.

Comment

Just for kicks I shut down another server that is using a SuperMicro X10SLM-F and booted up with the memory in question using the UEFI. And it just started the test and running the test in v6 Beta3. So I am now pretty sure it is the way v6 detects 1) CPU type or 2) Motherboard type (UEFI)

So hopefully you guys have a fix for the Dell Precision T1600 machine.

I will run a 48hrs test using the new memory in the SuperMicro X10SLM-F board, and if no error comes up, I will consider the memory good.

I need that ESXI machine back up and running, so I can't really wait for this to be fix.

Comment

We are still having a look at it. But we are thinking it is a bug in the relatively old UEFI firmware. We also sent you a few questions via E-Mail.

Comment

Working...
                    X