computer restarts at beginning of test 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer restarts at beginning of test 8

I've run the test 3 times. Every time the computer restarts on the first pass at the beginning of test 8. Every time the log says it timed out waiting for core #6. Logs do not show any other errors. Is this clearly (or at least very probably) a hardware problem? Is it likely to be a problem with the RAM?

From the memtest86 log:
    2022-01-28 10:18:59 - WARNING - waited for 10s for CPU #6 to finish (BSP test time = 975ms)

2022-01-28 10:18:59 - RunMemoryRangeTest - aborted waiting for CPU #6 to finish (Wait time = 10032ms, BSP test time = 975ms)

I ran memtest86 because my computer started locking up when using a specific video editing program (Cyberlink). It also locks up when I run Rhino3D at the same time as Windows Media Player or other video players. I tried several things that didn't fix or find the problem:
    - full scans with 3 different antivirus programs
    - reinstalled the video editing software with all updates
    - upgraded to the newest version of the video editing software
    - updated the GPU driver
    - used OCCT to check the GPU memory
    - confirmed I'm current with Rhino and Windows updates
    - ran the windows system scan (sfc /scannow)
    - ran chkdsk on all the disks

The computer specs include 64GB RAM, tons of hard drive space, Windows 10 with all current updates, Intel i9 CPU, Nvidia RTX 2070 GPU. I bought the computer new and have been using it 4 months.

Thanks for your help.

Yes, hardware failure seems most likely.

Sudden lockups or reboots are hard to debug.
    For a home user, it is trial and error swapping in and out hardware to fix it.

Comment

Working...
    X