Invalid Partition Table when booting from USB flash drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invalid Partition Table when booting from USB flash drive

I downloaded Memtest86 which came with ImageUSB. I ran ImageUSB and selected my removable flash drive and chose "Write to UFD". The image that was writing to the flash drive was the default memtest86-usb.img. That part of the process completed normally. I then rebooted the compuer and entered into the boot menu and selected USB drive and that is when I got the "Invalid Partition Table" message. I was under the impression that ImageUSB creates the boot partition on the flash drive. Is that not correct? Do I have to create a bootable partition on the drive before I run ImageUSB?

I have since tried Zeroing the UFB using ImageUSB, formatting the flash drive with FAT32 and NTFS and nothing seems to work. I am doing this on a Dell Latitude laptop.

What model is your Dell Latitude? Does it support UEFI?

We have seen a few older systems that cannot boot the older MemTest86 v4 that is included as dual boot in MemTest86 v6 images. In this case, the older (non-dual boot) MemTest86 v4 images should be used instead.

Comment

Also try updating the Bios if you haven't yet.
      I was able to boot it successfully on Latitude E6410 to E6440 models as far as I recall.
      (Need to redo this with the current v6 build though)

Are you using F12 for the boot menu?
      Make sure to select the UEFI entry.
      Last edited by orioon; Mar-04-2015, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X