Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

memtest86 v9.5 beta 1: millions of errors ( DMA )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• memtest86 v9.5 beta 1: millions of errors ( DMA )

Hey there!
    I bought a 2nd hand build few days ago. during casual gaming I've been getting freezes but mainly bsods such as:
    - unexpected kernel mode trap
    - system service exception
    - IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
    and such..
    Not sure if details are needed but:

I have that pc since few days. 2 days ago it was few freezes here and there ( maybe I'd have more if I continued gaming, I didn't. )
    but yesterday? oh man.. bsods everywhere. at some point I couldn't even enter desktop / boot as I'd have bsods with those errors from above, twice or thrice maybe? then it somehow booted correctly. I intently started digging in and apparently these errors represent bad memory or something with ram so, got the memtest, put on USB and ran it.
    idk if it's relevant to the case but, yesterday I also upgraded the psu as I decided it won't be enough for the gpu I want to get. replaced corsair vs450 with corsair RM550X.

anyways, back to the main stuff. I ran the memtest, so far was going good. 3-4 hours passed, no errors. I think it was at test 6-7? at some point I just went to sleep. today I woke up to 18 millions of errors...
    at this point idk what's wrong. whether it's ram or some hardware issue? incompatibility issue?
    I'm a complete newbie when it comes to diagnostics like that Haha. so yeah, I'd be very glad if someone could help me to figure out if it's ram or just anything else.

Here are the details of my build:

mb: msi B560M Pro ( newest bios update )
    ram: 1 x 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX Red 2666MHz CL16
    cpu: i5-10400 ( no oc or anything )
    psu: Corsair RM550X

Isn't clear if it is a problem with the hardware or a problem with the new DMA memory test we just added.

Would it be possible to get the debug log
    https://www.memtest86.com/tech_debug-logs.html

Also what type of USB drive are you using with MemTest86 to boot it?
    It might be the case that the USB drive isn't writable and this provokes a bug in the new DMA test.

Comment

I am experiencing the EXACT same issue as you are. Were you able yo find a solution? Please reply

Comment

Same comment as above.
        Can you provide the debug log & USB drive details.

Comment

Working...
        X