Memtest 6.0 Freezes at splash screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memtest 6.0 Freezes at splash screen

I didn't see any other topics relating to this. When I boot the free Memtest 6.0 from USB, it freezes on the first splash screen with the "Exit" and "Config" buttons. I'm trying to run it on a Dell Latitude E7440 with the latest BIOS (A14). I'm booting using the UEFI BIOS option, also. I've attached a pic. The system seems to be frozen since no hot keys work. Any ideas how I can get it to fully load this test? Also, this USB boots and runs in other systems and this laptop will boot Windows.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3980.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	35204

Can you E-mail us the log file.

Also check the BIOS firmware us up to date.

A log file (MemTest86.log) is automatically created and updated while MemTest86 V6 is running. This file is saved in the 'EFI/BOOT' directory in the USB drive's first partition.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      Can you E-mail us the log file.

Also check the BIOS firmware us up to date.

A log file (MemTest86.log) is automatically created and updated while MemTest86 V6 is running. This file is saved in the 'EFI/BOOT' directory in the USB drive's first partition.
      Sent. Thanks.

Comment

This issue looks very similar to this one, where there is a BIOS firmware bug in rendering text:

http://www.passmark.com/forum/showth...-OptiPlex-9020

If this is the case, then it would require a BIOS firmware fix. We have implemented a workaround that uses a legacy method for rendering text, which will be included in the next patch release.

Comment

Working...
        X