Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memtest86 Result little bit of help ?

Hello,

I have been having issues with my pc having random crashes in games and sometimes random bluescreens for the most part the pc is stable

I have 2-3 bent cpu pins on motherboard which i believe is causing the ram issues the results i have attached are from the pc with the issue

I am torn between replacing the ram or the motherboard or if it may be a overclock issue however pc is 5 years old was stable for most of its life until i believe i damaged the cpu pins which in turn started issues

Not sure if your able to diagnose which is the issue the ram or the motherboard but if possible could someone more experienced elaborate more ?

See this page to start with
    https://www.memtest86.com/troubleshooting.htm

I'd definitely try testing with half the RAM installed (then the other half) before replacing the motherboard.

Also the RAM slots that are reported look a bit strange.
    Do you really have slot 3 empty, but slots 0,1, 2 & 4 in use? If so, this doesn't sound like the recommended setup.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      See this page to start with
      https://www.memtest86.com/troubleshooting.htm

I'd definitely try testing with half the RAM installed (then the other half) before replacing the motherboard.

Also the RAM slots that are reported look a bit strange.
      Do you really have slot 3 empty, but slots 0,1, 2 & 4 in use? If so, this doesn't sound like the recommended setup.
      Computer wouldn't recognize any of my ram sticks in that specific slot so i had to use the others which is what lead me to believe it was bent cpu pins on motherboard causing a dimmslot issue i have the motherboard ready to replace but just wanted to try to get any kind of confirmation that it's most likely the bent cpu pins and not bad sticks of ram

Comment

In the case of a system with a single CPU, there isn't a different set of CPU pins for each RAM slot.

So maybe the bad slot is a separate issue. Still worth trying two sticks at a time.
        That should also get it back into dual channel mode. Which might change the behaviour as well.

Comment

Working...
        X