Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• different results in different PC

Dear All

I have 2 PC with the same CPU(intel Celeron N3010) and 1 PC with the CPU(Intel Core i3-4160).

When I tested two kinds of SO-DIMM(DDR3L 1600Mhz 4GB),each kind is only different DRAM chips(Micron and SAMSUNG),there are some differnt results.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ★combination1:
    Celeron N3010 + SAMSUNG chip DIMM + memtest 86 V7.5 Pro: test8/test11/test12
    results:success
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ★combination2:
    Celeron N3010 + Micron chip DIMM + memtest 86 V7.5 Pro: test8/test11/test12
    results:error (main in test11&12)

So I thought the Micron chip DIMM was any wrong? So I tested 5 sticks and the same error result happened in 2 PC with the same CPU(intel Celeron N3010).
    I also tryed V9.4 free in test8,it's also wrong so I think it's easy test by the pro verison.

By the way,it's only wrong in bits 0000000000400000 by a lots of tests.

Click image for larger version

Name:	error2.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	52871

★combination3:
    I changed the PC with the CPU(Intel Core i3-4160) and tryed.
    i3-4160+ Micron chip DIMM+memtest 86 V7.5 Pro: test8/test11/test12
    results:success!!

So I don‘t know where is wrong? CPU or DIMM or just memtest??

Plesas some advice.

Thank you.

Maybe a combination of factors?
    Slightly weak RAM sticks with slightly weak motherboards? (i.e. an incompatibility, that might be fixable with voltage or timing adjustments).

I don't think it is a bug in MemTest86.

Comment

Working...
    X