Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MemTest86 V9.4 Failed on Test 6 [Block move, 64-byte blocks] 3/4 (75%) -Please advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MemTest86 V9.4 Failed on Test 6 [Block move, 64-byte blocks] 3/4 (75%) -Please advise

Decided to run Memtest86 overnight as I have been dealing with multiple daily PC crashes. Nvidia display drivers apparently causing Hardware Error in my Reliability Viewer initially, and after a fresh install of Windows 10, installing all the updates, and using DDU to install the most recommended driver for my pascal series gpu I'm still having my pc crash with no Minidump files being created.

After running Memtest86 overnight, I woke up to FAILED as the final verdict. I am posting the HTML log produced to see if anyone can help advise me on what's causing this issue. Thank you.

Thank you

If there is an error reported by MemTest86 there is likely an issue, to troubleshoot, see the following page.

MemTest86 - Troubleshooting Memory Errors

Comment

Additional image:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	failed1.png
Views:	1464
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	53019

Comment

It is recommended that modules with identical specifications when running in multi-channel mode. From your system specs, it looks like you are mixing two different sets of RAM modules. Try removing and testing either set to see if it might be a compatibility issue between your sticks.

Comment

I pulled the 2 Corsair sticks and left 2 Gskill, upon testing those Gskill I got a few errors at test 6 and one error at test 8.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rcZggrE.png
Views:	1436
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	53023

Comment

Looks like bad RAM.

Comment

Could bad ram lead to display drivers crashing?

Comment

Modern computers are so complex that bad RAM can lead to pretty much any random behaviour you can imagine. But crashes & disk corruption are the most common visible signs.

Comment

Working...
                X