Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MemTest86 appears to be freezing

Hi,
    I am not just a newbie on this forum. I am feeling my way through trying to solve a very intermittent BSOD (Memory Management) problem on my machine. Windows memory test ran clean but it was suggested that this test was better. However, I fear I am in over my head. I was able to start the test, once using the defaults and once set to only CPU 0 but after leaving them both to run for several hours, both times I came back to a black screen with not much information on it and no signs of life. I've tried reading and I may be falling into the category of people whose UEFI/BIOS is incompatible with the test. So, I thought I would reach out and a) see if anyone could maybe confirm that I am correct in my assessment and b) it seemed that you all wanted log files to help with development, so I am attaching mine here for both a and b. Also, if this isn't an inappropriate question, can anyone tell me the second best test I can use since it doesn't seem like this one is an option? I'd really like to know if that is what is causing my BSOD. Any feedback is appreciated, and if there's not any, then maybe the logs will be helpful for development (there is a log Pt 4 with a little more in it but the file size/count limits prevent me from including the last one).
    Thanks!

Sys Info
    HP ProDesk 405 G8 Desktop Mini PC x64-based
    I added Samsung 980 Pro SSD 1TB and Crucial 32GB RAM
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600 GE
    BIOS - HP T25 V. 02.04.00, 4/13/2022
    SMBIOS V 3.3
    RAM - 32GB
    Win 11 Pro v 10.0.22000
    Attached Files

Had a look at the log files.

I didn't see any RAM errors in the log files.

But the CPU seems very hot, or we are not reading the value correctly.
    2022-07-30 20:29:47 - Current CPU temperature: 95C

This is Tjmax for this CPU. (maximum internal junction temperature)
    https://www.amd.com/en/product/11191

So it shouldn't really be running this hot.

The tests seem to have completed at least once, so I don't think you have the common freezing UEFI bug.

Comment

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your time. I wondered about that too. I thought maybe the C vs F was set wrong, but even if it is F those temps seen high. The box sits up on my desk with air circulating on all sides (pic). So, I'm not sure how to address an over heating issue. I'll research that online.
      Thank you again!
      Attached Files

Comment

Quick follow-up, not that you are going to be losing sleep over this but it turns out that the AMD 5 5600 is designed for higher temps, so, based on reports I'm finding, I think I'm okay! Thanks again!

Comment

AMD's web site says
          Max. Operating Temperature (Tjmax) 95°C

So hitting that temp doesn't seem normal to me. Especially when the video card and disk aren't really in use, further heating up the internals.

Comment

Working...
          X