Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TFTP Reporting Issue

Hey There!

I've read all about the issues with iPXE and the TFTP bug. However; I've set up a tftpd-hpa server at 10.0.0.209, separate from the iPXE HTTP one we boot from at 10.0.0.44. I can 'tftp put' to with out any issue from the same test bench booted into Mint over iPXE UEFIthat we run 9.4 site on. I've set TFTPSERVERIP=10.0.0.209 in the mt86.cfg file.

Is there some directory hierarchy that needs to reside in the TFTP root? Or is this just not possible without using Serva? If not is it possible to write to the TFTP server if booted from USB?

The end goal is having the ability to harvest all the RAM info that is in the html report to automatically record a list of DIMMs has passed tests using bash scripts.

Thanks!

We already have a "Management Console" SQL database solution that collects RAM details from MemTest86 and produces reports.
    https://www.passmark.com/products/bi...sole/index.php

So maybe that is a better solution than creating your own solution from scratch?

Comment

Can the Management Console software be used with iPXE?

We're a non-profit refurbisher so we deal with a constant influx of used memory. We also don't want switch all of our netbooting stuff from iPXE to Serva,

Is data harvesting only possible with Serva?
      Last edited by Ally-FGPDX; Aug-17-2022, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Network booting of MemTest86 has been tested successfully with the Linux-based CentOS 7 (DHCP + TFTP server) and Windows-based Serva PXE Server but other PXE servers should work as well, at least in theory, but we haven't tested them.

But we did look at iPXE 5 years ago in 2017. Conclusion at the time was it lacking in functionality to do TFTP read/write which was required to do remote data collection. Maybe it is better now, we don't know?
        There was also this iPXE config problem (a bug really) a few years ago, that required a source code fix in iPXE. I am sure it could eventually be made to work. But it might require getting into the source code of iPXE, which we don't really have time to do, unless it was a funded project.

Comment

We're on the latest version of iPXE, I just recompiled it a few moments ago and to no avail. Same error as always.. I'm attaching a google drive link to a tar ball that has all the pertinent config files, binaries, and build script for iPXE. I also want to reiterate that I can do tftp put to the server booted in Linux mint over ipxe uefi on the same bench we run mt86 on.
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AAi...ew?usp=sharing

The server we're running on is Debian 11 with isc-dhcp-server and tftpd-hpa. Config files are included in the archive.

I can get it working just by pointing isc-dhcp-server directly to BOOTX64.efi tho this isn't ideal, it is an acceptable solution.

Click image for larger version  Name:	mterror.jpg Views:	0 Size:	473.2 KB ID:	53425
          Last edited by Ally-FGPDX; Aug-18-2022, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X