Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I be worried about these results?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I be worried about these results?

Recently my laptop got 2 BSODs one after another with a message about memory. Windows11 memory diagnostics found some hardware error, which was confirmed by Memtest86. As I've recently changed my RAM I though that maybe I haven't installed the new memory properly so I've opened my laptop and found that the second stick indeed wasn't properly installed - the right holder somehow got loose. So I've corrected this and the initial errors were gone, however, the last test (10) still failed.
    I've removed one stick and the test #10 was passed. I've then tested the second stick -but in the same slot - and it passed the test, too! So I've put back the first stick - but now to the second slot - and together but with exchanged slots they have passed. As I still have a warranty I wonder if there is anything wrong with my new RAM.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220821_135035.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	246.8 KB
ID:	53436

MemTest86+ (with the plus symbol) isn't our software. You'll need to contact the developer, Sam Demeulemeester for technical support.

Comment

Well, ok, but I am here in search for professionals/experts, not for some software advertisement

Comment

While I have never met him, Sam Demeulemeester is a pretty smart guy, from what I've read. Definitely qualifies as an expert.

Comment

Working...
        X