Help trying to diagnose a problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help trying to diagnose a problem

Hi, I've been having various issues with my system, which I thought was due to a faulty GPU driver. I've started a thread on this over at AMD and they advised me to run a memtest86, which I did but it's since found nothing. BTW, here's the original thread I started over at AMD: https://community.amd.com/thread/170476

I ran one pass with the memtest software and it found no issues and so I stopped it running.

Click image for larger version

Name:	memtest_mainmenu_small.png
Views:	1
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	35220
    Another thing is that when I ran the memtest86 from the usb stick, I didn't get the interface above but it went straight into running the test? Could I have made an error here? Please advise. Thanks.

Only machines that support UEFI will run MemTest86 v6 as shown in the screenshot. Because our images support dual-boot, for older machines that don't support UEFI, the older MemTest86 v4 shall be run (which doesn't have any graphics)

Comment

OK, thanks for the reply. I'm still getting BSODs.

The BSOD usually occurs when I alternate between browsers like I said on the AMD forum.

I'm going to run aida64, which'll hopefully highlight any updates I need.

Comment

OK, I gave the inside of my computer a clean (particularly the CPU heatsink), removed the RAM sticks and gave the whole thing a vacuum. Now 18 hrs without BSOD! Here's hoping..

Comment

Working...
        X