Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does this mean? (memtest log question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does this mean? (memtest log question)

I left memtest running overnight and when I woke up, my computer's screen was black (the monitor wouldn't turn on). I tried moving the mouse around and pressing buttons to "wake it up" but to no avail.

Lately, my computer has been freezing so I thought I'd run memtest to see if there was a problem with my ram.

Anyways, I'm guessing that's what happened overnight (it froze). When I checked the memtest log, it said this at the end:

Code:
    2015-06-10 07:57:49 - MtSupportRunAllTests - Test execution time: 2268.8982015-06-10 13:39:00 - GetIA32ArchitecturalTemp - MSR(0x19C) =         88320000 (Vendor ID: GenuineIntel 6 3A 9)
    2015-06-10 13:39:00 - MapTempIntel - MSR(0x1A2) =           691400
    2015-06-10 13:40:29 - GetIA32ArchitecturalTemp - MSR(0x19C) =         88330000 (Vendor ID: GenuineIntel 6 3A 9)
    2015-06-10 13:40:29 - MapTempIntel - MSR(0x1A2) =           691400
    Does this mean that my processor is overheating? Also, why are there 7 hours between the first event listed and the next? Does that mean the test had finished and then 7 hours later my CPU overheated?

Another strange thing is that I use realtemp and I will check the logs after my computer freezes -- the temps never seem to even approach tj max. I have a water cooler for my CPU (antec kuhler) - I wonder if it's going bad and it overheats so fast that realtemp doesn't have a chance to list the temps.. It's monitoring my CPU every second, though, so that doesn't seem likely to me. How fast could it go from 40 degrees celsius to over 100 if the pump stopped working? I would think it'd take at least a couple seconds.

Also, here is the full log if anyone wants to see. Maybe someone could also tell me what the log says about my actual ram...
    Last edited by lukeman3000; Jun-10-2015, 07:32 PM.

The logs indicate that all 4 passes of your test completed successfully. At the end of the testing, you should have been prompted to save the test results to a file after which you should have been brought back to the main menu.

The last couple lines of the log file shows the temperature readings being collected, which implies that you are back to the main menu. The temperature readings seem to be within normal range, so there isn't any evidence of your CPU overheating. In fact, there were no evidence of any memory errors in your testing.

What kind of errors were you having with your system?

Comment

Originally posted by keith View Post
      The logs indicate that all 4 passes of your test completed successfully. At the end of the testing, you should have been prompted to save the test results to a file after which you should have been brought back to the main menu.

The last couple lines of the log file shows the temperature readings being collected, which implies that you are back to the main menu. The temperature readings seem to be within normal range, so there isn't any evidence of your CPU overheating. In fact, there were no evidence of any memory errors in your testing.

What kind of errors were you having with your system?
      A few weeks ago I got a Titan X. Since then, I have experienced random freezing, mainly during gaming. I have froze on the desktop once or twice but it's more rare. Sometimes I can game for a few hours with no problems whatsoever. Other times my computer has frozen within the first couple minutes after starting up. There doesn't seem to be much of a pattern except that it seems to happen more while gaming.

There is no BSOD; what happens is that (if I'm playing a game for example), the image will just freeze. Sometimes I can see a mouse cursor and move it around, and as soon as I press alt-tab or ctrl+alt+delete it will completely freeze. However, the music will keep playing. It requires a hard restart every time this happens.

Comment

If the problem started when you added a new video card, then the problem is probably related to the video card, either directly in indirectly.

Is the power supply adequate? The Titan X can suck down some power.
        If you switch back to your old video card is the system stable again?
        Are the video card drivers up to date?

Comment

Working...
        X