MemTest86 Won't Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MemTest86 Won't Start

I did a MemTest86 test using USB flash drive, it worked fine and found one error under test 4. I wanted to repeat the test to verify it, but now whenever I start from the USB I get the screen in the attached photo. I am unable to find a command to start the tests, but it does accept the help commands. I have wiped the flash drive, repartitioned it, formatted it, and installed a clean download of MemTest86. I have tried MemTest86+, I have tried old versions of both, but every time it takes me to this screen and no matter what I do it cancels the countdown. Does anyone have any ideas?

I have not tried this with another USB device because if running MemTest86 some how damaged this one, I don't want to damage another one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	11421486_10205414703741867_1885507614_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	35222

Check your BIOS settings to make sure it is detecting the bootable USB drive, and is set at the highest boot priority.

MemTest86 should not damage the USB drive (it only creates/writes to files on the file system, which is ultimately performed by the firmware). Try booting the USB drive on another system to rule out a faulty USB stick.

Comment

Working...
    X