• Show
Clear All

• Insane number of errors - starting the diagnostic process

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20150617_10_17_43_Pro.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	35223

Well, I let this fella run all night and got this screen. Clearly, something's wrong. But with this many errors, is it likely to be RAM? Would I be better off focusing on the motherboard or the CPU?

I've updated the motherboard bios to the latest revision. This is an Asus Sabertooth Z77. 16GB of Crucial RAM.

Going to buy the upgraded version and do more testing.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Bill

Try ruling out the RAM as the problem first, by testing one stick at a time and swapping for known good ones.

The errors seem to fall in the upper address range, which could indicate defective RAM or a bug with the BIOS.

Comment

Originally posted by keith View Post
      Try ruling out the RAM as the problem first, by testing one stick at a time and swapping for known good ones.

The errors seem to fall in the upper address range, which could indicate defective RAM or a bug with the BIOS.
      Thanks, Keith.

I did exactly that and one of the four modules is throwing all the errors. Funny part is, I bought the pro version to support the company but I finished the testing with the free version before the pro version serial number came through.

Oh, well. A few beers for our Aussie friends won't hurt.

Comment

Working...
      X