Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memtest86 v10: Test complete, but unable to advance to display summary

As the title suggests.

Completed the test but now keyboard and mouse are not functioning / test is seemingly frozen.

How do I get past this point? Am I OK to force restart? Will it still produce results files that I can forward for advice?

Would also like to ask about the results... been getting sudden and persistant BSODs, starting out of the blue 3 days ago.

I can assume it is indeed RAM related? I have replacements coming but want to check if there isn't a wider issue.
    Attached Files

From the screen shot photo it looks like the RAM is bad.

See this page to start with
    https://www.memtest86.com/troubleshooting.htm

RAM that has a lot of errors can stop both Windows and Memtest86 from running smoothly.

Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

I will be sure to check out the link.

My system is still unresponsive on that screen... am I ok to force shutdown? Will the report files still save somewhere on my system?

And I assume I should remove the USB once the PC is off and boot normally?

Comment

There is a debug log that get written as the test progresses.
        https://www.memtest86.com/tech_debug-logs.html
        So that should be on the USB drive. But it isn't really meant to be a end user readable report.

It doesn't sound like the final (human readable) HTML report was written however.

Yes, just power cycle the machine if it is locked up.

Comment

I replaced the RAM with a new set and all of my BSOD issues have subsided. Is it still worth me running MemTest86 again to see if there are other errors associated with the system memory?
          If so, should I leave it on for the full 4 passes?

Comment

If you have the time, doesn't hurt to re-run it with the new RAM.
            But no need to fix something that isn't broke.

Comment

Working...
            X