Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memtest fails on all new computers

Hey everyone!

I know the title is very vague, but every computer my company has built, memtest shows errors, we have tried 6.0 and 6.1, version 5.0 and 5.1 did not show theses errors, I currently do not have any logs or pics, I can easily do that, I just wanted to start a thread about my findings and see if its something me and my technicians are missing, let me also point out that these systems are completely stable and have ran Windows based torture test without errors ie prime95, Linx, AIDIA64 stress test, 3Dmark, etc.

Let me give you some details of some of the systems we have built recently, most systems are based on Z97, H97, X99 currently, I'll give a little more detail on the Z97 systems, they usually have 8GB 2x4GB DDR3 memory, memory speeds anywhere from 2133MHZ to 2400Mhz (we have also tried 1600MHz, no difference) and I use the XMP profiles, I always make sure they have the latest BIOS/UEFI, also the CPU's are usually i5-4690k or the i7-4790k, sometimes we sell non K series (non unlocked) I'm pointing that out because I know that some of the non K series don't have the best memory controllers and shouldn't be pushed passed 1600Mhz, but like I stated before that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Also I want to point out that we have been using memtest 5.01 from memtest.org without issues also, so something since 6.0 has causing this issue.

Thanks everyone...any help would be appreciated!

V6 of the MemTest86 has been tested on 10,000s of new machines. About 5000 copies of MemTest86 are downloaded each day, without any problem being reported (excluding the Row Hammer issue).

New tests were added in V6 compared to V5 (and V5 added tests that aren't in the MemTest86+ V5.01 release).

Maybe you are just using poor quality RAM.

Comment

Is it only Hammer Test that fails?

Comment

LOL no definitely not low quality RAM by any means, not to mention we have tested on pre-built systems (HP, Dell, Lonovo, Compaq, etc) with the exact same problem. We use high end memory kits from Crucial, Corsair (Dominator Platinum, Vengeance Pro), G.Skill (Ripjaws, TridentX, etc) Kingston (HyperX) and Mushkin (Redline) all exhibit the same issues...I will look to see if it is the Hammer test that it fails on, it very well can be...I'll report back, the link you provided me I will read over for the hammer test and see...Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
        X