Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memtest86 freezes and continues with Esc

Hi,

I've started a Memtest with a nobn-UEFI setup. I experience that the test freezes randomly. (Pattern and State infos do not change, Time also freezes. When I press ESC and then Continue, the test continues from the point it froze. The Time jumps to the correct time. Happened during Test 5 and 7.

What may be the reason for this? I've got no errors yet and I'm at Test 8.

We have been doing UEFI only releases for a long time now.
    What version of Memtest86 are you running?

Comment

I meant that my drives are not UEFI but later I realized this may not be relevant. I've downloaded the latest Memtest86. (Version 10) My Motherboard supports UEFI.

Comment

If you can post the debug log, we can take a look at it
        https://www.memtest86.com/tech_debug-logs.html

Comment

Attached.

CPU temps were high. This was due to malfuncioning CPU cooler. It never revved up when needed. It was just revving at a constant speed irrespective of CPU load. CPU fan was changed since then.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the logs.

Do you know if it's only the UI that's frozen but the test is still running? (eg. does it update eventually after a long time or when the tests complete?)
            There is a possibility that the UI is not updating properly but the memory tests are still running (possibly a BIOS bug).

Also, it might be a bad USB drive and it is locking up trying to write the log to the drive.

Comment

It seemed like the test also stopped running as I did not notice any jump in completion when pressing Esc, only the timer jumped.

The USB drive may be faulty, I had issues with it in the past but had no problems with it recently and it formatted without issues.

Comment

Formatting a USB drive (or any hard drive) doesn't mean it fully works. Formatting only changes a few sectors at the start of the drive. Do you have another drive to try?

Comment

Working...
                X