Memtest error on brand new build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memtest error on brand new build

Here is a pic. Can anyone tell me what it means? Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150714_225523711.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	35229

You got an error in the Row Hammer test.

See this page for an explanation

Comment

Even though it's test 9 that got the error? Seems like if that's the case, I really have nothing to worry about.

Comment

Pretty much all DDR's that are not brand new will fail row hammer test.
        The BIOS you have (if Intel at least) might have an option 'Row Hammer mitigation'.
        This mitigation is usually 2x refresh - and the test will more than likely pass as hitting a row hammer failure is statistically much more difficult to hit.

Comment

Originally posted by perithimus View Post
          Even though it's test 9 that got the error? Seems like if that's the case, I really have nothing to worry about.
          Yes, you are right. The error was for Test 9.

Are you able to reproduce the error every time?

The error address is in high memory so it is possible that it is accessing memory space it is not supposed to access (eg. device memory, MMIO, etc). This would be a bug in the BIOS.

Comment

I had just bought the ram brand new yesterday. I'll check my bios for that setting. It's an msi z97 board with a 4690k. No overclock yet. I was able to reproduce the error a few times yes.

Comment

My apologies, you are right, the test being executed when the screen shot was taken was the row hammer test, but the error was in test 9. So it is much more likely that it is a significant error that will cause some grief down the track.

Comment

I replaced the ram and tested again. No errors.

Comment

Working...
                X