Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

System is unstable with 4 RAM sticks at 3200 MHz.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System is unstable with 4 RAM sticks at 3200 MHz.

Greetings.
    I have expirienced some crashes during videogames and some other demanding applications. I have checked memory using memtest86 10.2 Free and gon some errors. To check faulty RAM stick I remove all sticks and check them one by one but I dont get ane errors. Then I inserted 2 RAM sticks and again tests run fine. But when I insert all 4 sticks I got errora again. Then I reduced my memory frequency from 3200 to 2400 MHz and with 4 RAM sticks I run tests without errors.

My setup is
    CPU: Intel i7-11700F.
    Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming H570-PRO with latest bios (version 1601).
    RAM: four sticks of Team Elite DDR4-3200 16384 MB PC4-25600 (TED416G3200C2201), all sticks have close serial numbers.

I have checked my motherboard supported memory list and dont find my RAM modules on it. I only find similar type modules TED416 with much lower frequencies 2400 and 2666 MHz.

Is it possible that my system components are fine, there are no faults but my memory and motherboard are not 100% compatible and motherboard can not run my memory at 3200 MHz?

If the RAM claims to run at 3200Mhz (and it does claim this) and the motherboard and CPU make the same claim (and they do) then they should all work together at the max speed.

Clearly they don't however. So some component isn't meeting the claimed specs in the 4 stick config. Or it is a combination of marginal parts. e.g. one slightly weak RAM stick and the motherboard not providing quite enough voltage when there are 4 sticks. No easy answer without some high end measurement equipment. You are left with trial and error part replacement or slow tweaking of BIOS timing and voltage values. If you have spare RAM and motherboard this obviously helps with trial and error part replacement.

Note also that the paid software, can probably decode the error addresses. But you might find multiple sticks have errors if the whole setup is marginal.

Comment

Thank you for answer, I understand that my manipulations with RAM sticks don`t provide 100 proof that all works fine.

Comment

[Update] After i set RAM speed to 2400 MHz in BIOS and then set is back to 3200 MHz all errors just disappeared. Memtest run without errors and games that previously crash with bluescreen after an hour of gaming now work fine.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	im-not-saying-its-magic-but-its-magic.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	54527

Comment

Working...
          X