Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *.bin file for memtest86 version 6.1.0

Do you know where to find the bin file for this version? Thanks

You can find the MemTest86 downloads on the Memtest86 download page.
    No .bin file is required.

Comment

Thanks David, If I like to have a bin file to set up to boot from grub menu for automation (I don't want to use USB or CD) how I can get the bin file?

Comment

There is no .BIN file. At least not one that we supply.

The main executable files for MemTest86 are now .EFI files (for UEFI BIOS)

.bin just means a binary file in any case. It doesn't really specify any particular file nor even a particular file format.

Comment

So if I don't want to use the USB or CD, do I have any other option to boot up the server and run the memtest86? ......memtest86+ version 5.1 has binary file, but it doesn't work very well. I want to use memtest86 version 6.1. How about memtest86 6.1 pro version, does it have a bin file?

Comment

No, there is no spoon...ahem.. .bin file.

I'll say it again, just in case you missed it. There is no .bin file. Really.

The .EFI binary files can run from any medium that the hardware / firmware supports. This can be USB drives, CD, DVD, hard drives, or a PXE network boot.

For example here is someone that used the .EFI files with a Apple Mac bootloader (from a hard drive)
            http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/294391-how-to-add-additional-uefi-apps-to-the-clover-menu/

Here is someone else that did a similar thing with rEFInd
            http://www.rodsbooks.com/refind/configfile.html

Comment

Thanks David, yes the above info is what I'm looking for either PXE or hard drive

Comment

Working...
              X