Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

v10.2 startup hang on Gigabyte MC62-41, Threadripper Pro 5965WX, 512GiB ECC DRAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v10.2 startup hang on Gigabyte MC62-41, Threadripper Pro 5965WX, 512GiB ECC DRAM

If I boot MemTest86 v9.4 on a new server board (Gigabyte MC62-41 with a Threadripper Pro 5965WX and 512GiB ECC DRAM), it comes up and lets me run tests, but it does not seem to be aware of the processor+board support for ECC memory (shows unknown).

But if I try MemTest86 v10.2, it never gets to the menu. Stops at 'Getting SPD details'.

I would like to be able to exercise the ECC capabilities (including error injection tests, since I have a MemTest86 Pro license), but for now I'm at least able to test with the older version.

I do not see a place where I can download v10.0 or v10.1 to try, to see whether they will run or hang on startup.
    Attached Files

Regardless of the lockup, ECC error injection isn't supported on Threadripper. Plus the Injection function is disabled in pretty much all AMD retail CPUs anyway.​

We'll have a look at the log files.

Comment

Originally posted by Zac Schroff View Post
      If I boot MemTest86 v9.4 on a new server board (Gigabyte MC62-41 with a Threadripper Pro 5965WX and 512GiB ECC DRAM), it comes up and lets me run tests, but it does not seem to be aware of the processor+board support for ECC memory (shows unknown).
      Do you happen to have the logs for v9.4 as well?

If you send us an e-mail, we'll be able to provide a build for you to test.

Comment

Working...
      X