Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Errors with new memory, what should I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errors with new memory, what should I do?

Hi,

I recently bought the following RAM for my system: Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (2x16GB) 2666Mhz DDR4 KF2666C16D4/16G. I'm using it with an ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard, and Intel Core i7-8700 @ 3.20GHz processor (max supported RAM speed is 2666Mhz, same as the memory).

When I ran memtest86 with 4 passes, it gave me the errors in the image below. I then ran memtest86 on the ram I was using previously, to make sure it wasn't a motherboard or CPU issue, and it passed without errors.

While the memory is not listed in the motherboard's QVL, since the specs were compatible I assumed a compatibility issue was unlikely.

So I guess my main question is if this is likely to be covered by warranty? Since this was purchased online I have to pay to send this back to the store, so if it's unlikely they will accept it (since it may work on another system, for example), it may not be worth it. Also, is there any way to "repair" or work around the issue? Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	memtest86_screen.png
Views:	171
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	54560

Kingston Fury Beast
    Such a grand marketing name, only to have it fail.

is likely to be covered by warranty
    I've Googled Kingston RAM warranty for you.
    Here is the page
    https://www.kingston.com/en/company/warranty
    Seems they have a 'lifetime" warranty.

See also this page for some suggestions
    https://www.memtest86.com/troubleshooting.htm

Comment

Such a grand marketing name, only to have it fail.
      Haha, that's true.

I've Googled Kingston RAM warranty for you.​
      Here is the page
      Thanks. If the RAM is indeed defective I'd assume the warranty would cover it, what I'm not so sure is how likely it is in fact defective, versus some kind of incompatibility with my system.

Comment

Working...
      X