Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphical Issues with KVM switch and Memtest86

Hello,
    I'm noticing some graphical issues running Memtest86, and I hope someone has an idea of how to deal with it. Basically, I have an HDMI KVM and if I switch off of the machine that's being tested, when I come back to it a lot of the text will be missing. If the test is updating certain characters, they'll show up, but most of the screen will be blank. The biggest issue seems to be if I leave and the test finishes while I'm away, I can't see the results.

I've got a couple of specific motherboards I've noticed the issue on: Asus B660M-C D4-CSM (only noticed with BIOS 2212, not with BIOS 1620) and Asus B760M-CT CSM. The B660M has been tested with 12th Gen i3 and i5 CPUs while the B760M has been tested with 13th Gen i3 and i5 CPUs. All BIOS seem affected on the B760M. Doesn't seem to matter if DDR4 or DDR5 is used.

I noticed this issue many years ago with a specific Intel NUC also but hadn't seen it since.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Nate

Sounds like a BIOS bug.

Would be interesting to see if this also happened with a directly connected monitor (while turning the monitor off and on).

Should still be possible to get the HTML test report at the end of testing, even if some of the text isn't visible.

Going into the menu in MemTest86 an back to the test screen might also force a redraw of the entire screen (So ESC and then 0 to continue the test)

Comment

Working...
    X