Memtest Errors with 4 stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memtest Errors with 4 stick

Hello, after I received advice from the Microsoft forum to check my ram due to bluescreens, I tested with MemTest. With all 4 sticks of ram of I get thousands of errors, I tested individually and all ram sticks are fine 0 errors, then I checked the dual channels, slot 1 and 3 occupied and slot 2 and 4 occupied, no errors. When all 4 are populated as soon as the test starts it's filled with red errors.
    file:///I:/EFI/BOOT/MemTest86-Report-20230512-190732.html
    I didn't let it complete with the 4 sticks only up to test 7, to save time.
    What can do in this situation?

Are all the RAM sticks the same make/model? Mixing and matching RAM from different manufacturers or differing timings may be a cause.

Also, check for any updates to your BIOS for your motherboard.

Comment

Also. We can't see that HTML report you linked, as the link is broken (it is a file on your local machine).

Might be an electrical issue. The 4 sticks might add enough electrical load that you get a bit of voltage drop and one of the sticks might be marginal.

So you could also try bumping up the voltage levels very slightly in BIOS, if your BIOS allows this.

By default, DDR4 runs at 1.2v, while many memory module kits are rated to run at around 1.35v with XMP.

Could also try turning off XMP if you are using XMP.

Comment

All the ram is from the same manufacturer, same frequency, capacity and model type. The BIOS is the latest for my motherboard 2.30 motherboard model is AsRock B560PRO4.
        Sorry for the html file: https://postimg.cc/gallery/7yZxG3t I made an album with 2 photos.
        I will try to bump up the voltage and disable XMP, currently is active on profile 1, will post edit with results.
        LaterEdit: I have no off setting for XMP but I put it on AUTO and raised voltages to 1.30 and 1.35 after with the same results, I ordered 32gb of ram 2x16 just to be safe, I have 4x4gb now.
        Last edited by Carcosa; May-13-2023, 08:06 AM.

Comment

So definitely a hardware fault of some type.
          I guess try the new RAM and see if it fixes it.

Comment

Thank you for confirming it, I appreciate the help, have a wonderful day!

Comment

Working...
            X