Different results, same ram!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different results, same ram!

I want a little help because i don't know what to do with my RAM.

I have often crashes in DCS World and a few times total reboot of my pc.

I checked my RAM with the memtest86 and it failed twice.

I went back to the shop that i bought them in order to check them and give me new modules or refund.

Meanwhile i bought 2 new modules (2X16 DDR4) because i couldn't stay without pc. With the new RAM all my problems disappeared instantly.

After a few days without news from the shop, i called my self and the technician told me that the same RAM passed 5 tests, with 2 different cpu's and tested together and individually each one of them.

Now i am speechless. Is this even possible ?

technician told me that the same RAM passed 5 tests
    Ah, but what tests?

It is also possible that the RAM was being tested in different conditions. For example at a lower clock speed, or different timings or different voltage level. All this gets set in BIOS.

And the act of removing the RAM and reinserting it can sometimes clean up the gold finger contacts on the module and slot. So maybe there was some corrosion or dirt.

Real test would be to get the suspect bad RAM back and retest in your machine, while noting the RAM config used carefully.

Comment

I understand what you are saying.

But how someone will objectively diagnose that the memory is problematic and proceed with a replacement within the framework of the guarantee?​

Comment

Best to test at max clock speed and lowest timings.

So if your ram claims to be, 6600MT CL32, then you should test it at 6600MT (3300Mhz bus clock) and timings of probably 32-39-39-76.

It if works at high speed and tight timings, then it should also work at lower speeds.

Comment

Working...
        X