No announcement yet.

Memtest test 7 error and memory intergrity turned off after running the test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memtest test 7 error and memory intergrity turned off after running the test

Hello guys, I have recently installed some new kits for my laptop. I ran memtest86 just in case there are any issues with me running these relatively new and fast xmp kits on a laptop. I ran the test twice, In the first run I had two errors at test 7 during pass 2, and in the second run, I had one error at test 7 during pass 2 again.

How concerned should I be, from my understanding these single-bit flip errors can mostly rule out other non-ram related possibilities, however, these kits only became supported on the latest revision of the bios literally released three days ago, so maybe I am running on the fringes in terms of compatibility?

Just in case I would have to live with these errors, if they go uncorrected, how badly would they affect me in a broad sense, if I used the computer for a few weeks after noticing these errors in memtest, would I be planting a bomb for myself in terms of corrupting my os.

Lastly, one more oddity I noticed is after I finish the first run and booted back into Windows, my memory integrity was turned off, this did not reoccur after my second run. Is this a known bug?

Thanks, guys!

These are my specs:

Dell M18R1
    - HM770 Chipset
    - Intel 13900HX
    - Kingston Fury DDR5 6400 CL38 2x16GB KF564S38IBK2-32 kits.
    - 4090 Mobile
    - Some random micro 1tb and a 980 pro 1tb

These are the results of my first run:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0051.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	55298

Attached Files

would I be planting a bomb for myself
    Yes.
    Might get really lucky and go for years without this provoking a problem.
    But might be unlucky and have it crash the machine frequently at random. Or anything in between.

my memory integrity was turned off
    MemTest86 doesn't touch any settings in Windows, nor files on the boot drive, nor BIOS settings.

Comment

Working...
    X