Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow memory speed with Memtest86 V10.6

Hi All,

I am having a weird bug running Memetest86 v10.6 on a E3C246D4U2-2T Asrock motherboard, for some reason the all CPU cache speeds and memory speed looks to be very off. Moreover on this motherboard Memtest86 boot stays stuck on "Retrieving CPU MSR data" for a couple of minutes before continuing to the test. The same setup on another motherboard doesn't have issue and when I run Memtest86 v4.3.7 CPU on this board CPU cache speeds and memory speed look similar to the ones I see on a different mother board.

I guess this is a BIOS issue but I don't know if this is a setting problem or some bug in the BIOS that cannot be corrected. Has anyone experienced something similar?

I am attaching screenshots of memtest86 v10.6 and memtestv4.3.7 as well as the logs for Memtest86

Thanks,

Nicolas
    Attached Files

Sometimes slow startup is related to the USB drive. The logging process writes to the USB drive and if the drive is bad you can get these long pauses at startup.

Can you try a new brand name drive in a USB3 port?

Comment

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I have tried different USB3 devices/port combination with no luck.

Best,

Nicolas

Comment

The logs indicate some strange behaviour with the CPU clock throttling, causing the speed measurements to be off. This appears to be related to the delayed startup as well.

Just to confirm, did you test on a different machine but the same motherboard/CPU? Or was it a completely system?

Might be worth checking for a BIOS update or resetting to factory defaults.

Comment

The only tests I could do was swapping the motherboard and ram stick as I don't have another CPU, the problem only happens on this motherboard in any configuration. I updated and reset the BIOS without success.

If you want me to try a debug build to help track down the problem I'll be happy to

Nicolas

Comment

We don't know what the problem is. Sorry.
            But as it hasn't been reported on any other system, we are assuming that it is something specific to this machine.

Comment

Working...
            X