Threadripper Pro potential bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threadripper Pro potential bug

I work with various different systems where Memtest86 comes in handy. I noticed on the most recent release, when using a Threadripper (3xxx to 7xxx pre prod) the channel count will increase by 4 each start. I have gotten it as high as x24 channels. To recreate this, just quit the current test (press c then 2) then start the test again. I have not been able to recreate this on other AMD CPUs or any Intel CPUs. We have not tested Zeon processors.

MB used in TR 39xxx: Aorus TRX40 Pro wifi
    MB used in TR Pro 59xxx: ASUS PRO WS WRX80E-SAGE WIFI-SI
    RAM in TR 39xx system: KSM32ED8/32HC 32gb x8
    RAM in TR PRO 59XX SYSTEM: M393AAG40M32-CAE 128gb x 8

I can't upload .zip files so here is a Goole Drive link with pictures of the issue in some .zip files and uploaded individually. The errors seen are un-related.

We'll look into it.

Comment

Thanks for letting us know. We believe we have fixed the issue, can you give this build a try:

https://www.passmark.com/temp/memtes...-10.6.3005.zip

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. It looks like the issue is still present on both the 3xxx and 5xxx series systems. I have not been able to test the 7xxx series.

Comment

Originally posted by auer View Post
          Thanks for the quick response. It looks like the issue is still present on both the 3xxx and 5xxx series systems. I have not been able to test the 7xxx series.
          Thanks for the update. If possible, can you upload a copy of the MemTest86 logs for this new build.

Comment

Logs are attached.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the logs.

Sorry, it seems that the previous download link didn't have the correct build (with the fix). Can you try this new build:

https://www.passmark.com/temp/memtes...-10.6.3006.zip

Comment

That fixed the issue. The channels are now represented properly. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                X