Question about normal functioning of MemTest86 Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about normal functioning of MemTest86 Pro

I'm getting passes from MemTest86 Pro in UEFI mode but I'm not sure if it's acting normally and wonder if these behaviors could be indicative of RAM issues while it's in memory. Can anyone with more experience with MemTest86 Pro let me know if these are normal? (Ver 10.6 Pro)
    • RAM reports 0C or N/A for temperature
    • During a run that resulted in no errors, 'PASS', temperature became -92C and stayed that way for the remainder of the test
    • After a long overnight run with no keyboard attached and screen off, when turning the screen on, the no error 'PASS' screen shows, but pressing any button to get to the usual report page just shows a blank black screen.
    Any help identifying if these are normal for MemTest86 Pro would be greatly appreciated.

Not all RAM has temperature sensors built into the stick. So no temperatures can be perfectly normal. Obviously -92C is not normal.
    Getting the debug log, which should still be on the USB stick, would be good.
    https://www.memtest86.com/tech_debug-logs.html

Display issue might be UEFI bug switching back to graphics mode. We've seen lots of bugs in UEFI video drivers. We also don't test this scenario (disconnecting and reconnecting monitors during testing)

Comment

Working...
    X