Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Macbook pro doesn't allow memtest86 to boot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macbook pro doesn't allow memtest86 to boot.

Hi everyone,

We're currently facing an issue with a MacBook Pro 13" while attempting to run some tests. Despite diligently following the provided guide for macOS, the MacBook doesn't appear in the boot menu. We've experimented with various MacBook Pro models and different USB drives, yet no success. The only time we achieved a bootable USB was when it contained an older OS version.

The MacBook Pro models we've tested so far include Monterey, Ventura, and the latest Sonoma, all yielding the same outcome.

As a Windows user navigating through the Mac BIOS and Disk Utility, I've observed that the USB is detected, but its information indicates that it's not bootable.

Any assistance or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Does it not boot at all, or does it hang on booting?

Can you see if there is a log file saved in the 'EFI/BOOT' directory on the USB drive, and send it in for us to have a look?​

Comment

Hi Richard
      when I get to the option where I choose what I wanna boot from I don't have the option of picking the USB the only option is the main harddrive.
      I have tried multiple USB's and macbook pro's to test it. only time I can boot from the USB is when I have a image of an OS on it.

Comment

Is this a Apple Silicon (M1/M2) Mac? If so, Memtest86 cannot boot from these machines.

We would like to support the Apple silicon machines, but Apple has made it very difficult to run anything but their own software on the machine. So no hardware testing for Apple users at the moment

Comment

Working...
        X