Row Hammer takes longer time fo rfail or warning in case of 6.2.0 Pro Ver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Row Hammer takes longer time fo rfail or warning in case of 6.2.0 Pro Ver

I used Memtest 6.1 Pro for testing purpose. Had to ignore Pattern# 13, as many seemed to be a false error. As per Pasmark team, the newer version 6.2 Pro ( pat 0-12 is same as 6.10 pat 0-12) puts lesser stress in Pattern#13, generates warning and tests further. But I found in many cases, that after warning, the test time got increased by approx double timings.

Eg:
    4GB DDR3 1333MHz with Memtest 6.2 Pro (Patterns:0~13)
    Normal test time: 31mins (Pass without any error)
    Test timings with Warning but Pass/Fail error: 49mins to complete its tests.

whereas 4GB DDR3 1333MHz in Memtest 6.1 Pro (Patterns:0-13)
    Test time: 35 mins (Irrespective of fail/pass)

Which Pattern#13 one would recommend from Mem6.1 or Mem6.2?

Hi david,

Does this Rowhammer in 6.20 Pro shows false chip fail as few modules with #13 chip fail after 49 Min of testing successfully install Windows 7,8 and 10. I am getting 50 to 50 result... Can you please suggest us the best config file setting as now i am using the default setting....

Bye

Comment

Originally posted by sabit4all View Post
      But I found in many cases, that after warning, the test time got increased by approx double timings.
      In v6.2, once errors are detected in the first pass (high frequency hammering), a warning is displayed but the rest of test would be performed using the lower hammer rate of the second pass. This would increase the test time for Test 13. See the memory algorithm page for details.

I am getting 50 to 50 result... Can you please suggest us the best config file setting as now i am using the default setting....
      I'm not sure I understand your problem. The default settings in general are sufficient for testing your RAM modules.

Comment

Working...
      X