No announcement yet.

Free v4.3.7 reporting 65535+ errors....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free v4.3.7 reporting 65535+ errors....

first time trying memtest86. been getting bsod errors with win10 that i'd never had before. the program has been running 11+ hours. attached is a camera shot of the screen, memtest is still running. is there any need to keep testing, or just go get new memory?

or could something else be happening?

thanks,
    monte

Click image for larger version

Name:	20151128_073809.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	35247

Originally posted by montejw360 View Post
    first time trying memtest86. been getting bsod errors with win10 that i'd never had before. the program has been running 11+ hours. attached is a camera shot of the screen, memtest is still running. is there any need to keep testing, or just go get new memory?
    tried one stick at a time, found the bad one. pretty obvious pretty quickly once the test was running for a short time.

Comment

Yes, you don't need to wait until it has found 65,000+ errors (and 11 hours) before you conclude that there is something wrong.

Glad you found the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
        Yes, you don't need to wait until it has found 65,000+ errors (and 11 hours) before you conclude that there is something wrong.

Glad you found the problem.
        no worries. i started it and let it run overnight. then read some other threads and chased down the problem.

thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X