can't get memtest to quit, doesn't respond to keyboard input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't get memtest to quit, doesn't respond to keyboard input

been running one ram stick at a time trying to isolate my problems. would like to be able to quit memtest before a complete run, but it's not responding to the keyboard. I'm just turning the computer off in order to switch ram sticks.

any idea why memtest isn't responding to the keyboard inputs?

Which MemTest86 version are you using?
    What keyboard are you using (eg. PS/2, USB), and is it connected to a hub or splitter?

This could also be a BIOS issue so check to see if you have the latest firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by montejw360 View Post
      been running one ram stick at a time trying to isolate my problems. would like to be able to quit memtest before a complete run, but it's not responding to the keyboard. I'm just turning the computer off in order to switch ram sticks.

any idea why memtest isn't responding to the keyboard inputs?
      Do you happen to sit on Skylake, too? I experience the same, but only ín multi-core modes.

Comment

Originally posted by pegnose View Post
        Do you happen to sit on Skylake, too? I experience the same, but only ín multi-core modes.
        Is the issue you are experiencing similar to what is described in this thread:
        http://www.passmark.com/forum/showth...election-modes

We are tracking motherboards with UEFI BIOS issues that are causing problems when running in multi-core modes.

Comment

Working...
        X