Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test 6 Errors 3

Hi, Happy New Year!

I have a problem, my notebook dead with BSOD in random time. More time sent various messages, the latest was "driver power state failure". I tried fix it, but i did not find the problem.. so running memtest86.

On dec. 15:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	memtest2015_12_15.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	35254
    And on jan. 04.:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	memtest2016_01_04.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	35255

Same problem. But this errors displayed more than 4 hours running time.

It is a Lenovo Ideapad y570 with Lenovo Core (Sandy Bridge) Mobile DRAM Controller
    2x4GB RAM - but other manufacturer:
    • 4GB Ramaxel Elpida RMT3020EC58E9F1333
    • 4GB Kingmax FSFF65F-C8ML9

Both module speed are PC3-10700SO DDR3-1334

What do you think for this?
    (And sorry for my english )

Andrei

Have you tried testing with a single module? Or modules with the same manufacturer/model?

In general, it is better to use modules of the same model rather than different models even if they are marketed as having the same speed. This will eliminate a possible source of error where the BIOS needs to determine the common settings to match each individual module.

Comment

Thanks, i will try it.
      I was hoping to avoid this, becouse it is a closed type notebook, it must be dismantled it all :/
      Ty again,
      Andrei

Originally posted by keith View Post
      Have you tried testing with a single module? Or modules with the same manufacturer/model?

In general, it is better to use modules of the same model rather than different models even if they are marketed as having the same speed. This will eliminate a possible source of error where the BIOS needs to determine the common settings to match each individual module.

Comment

Working...
      X