Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loosing USB input devices when utilizing multiple cores (round robin, sequential)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loosing USB input devices when utilizing multiple cores (round robin, sequential)

Hi guys,
    this is a great piece of software, helped me a good deal! Just wanted to inform you about the above. System is Z170 (ASUS Hero rev1.01; Bios 1302), i7 6700k, with 16 GB of Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 (2x8G). Doesn't seem to depend on any Bios settings. Also, it's not happening in single-core mode. Can't say about parallel, didn't test it. No further issues and not much of a problem.
    pegnose

EDIT: memtest86 v6.2 (UEFI), USB keyboard directly to backplane, Bios 1302 is the latest.
    Last edited by pegnose; Jan-08-2016, 11:47 PM.

No one else has reported this issue so far.

Could be explained if the problem happened all the time, as maybe there are some memory mapped addresses for the USB ports that aren't being flagged in BIOS as unavailable. So MemTest86 overwrites a controller register on the I/O chip. But if this was the problem it should happen in single threaded mode as well.

If anyone else seems the same issue let us know. If it turns out to be a common issue we can look into it more deeply.

Comment

Working...
    X