Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exception Code 0xc0000005 Crash - Arkham Knight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exception Code 0xc0000005 Crash - Arkham Knight.

After many days of play without crash ( few days ) i get today first crash of Batman Arkham Knight while playing.
    Nothing is OC on my pc.
    Crash details,screens :

My cpu is 4790k stock, 16gb DDR3 Kingston 1600mhz, Corsair 750 RM, Asus Strix 980 Ti Oc.

Crash details:

Exception Code 0xc0000005
    Faulty module: msvcr100.dll

Is this hardware related? I am worried because it is 0xc0000005 .

Also i run memtest86 for long time and no errors. 3dmark 11,13,Unigine Heaven no crashes of 20 hours of test. GTA V no crashes after 20 hours of be in game. Only Arkham Knight crash with this after 25 hour being in game.

If you are not getting any MemTest86 errors it is more likely that the crash is due to buggy software or drivers.

Comment

I just left game for idle and turn off monitor( i mean game was running on ) for 20 hours. When i came back and turn monitor on i see: app crash.

Exception Code 0xc0000005
      Faulty module: msvcr100.dll

Is this hardware related? I am worried because it is 0xc0000005 error.
      I made a thread because i read on internet that
      Exception Code 0xc0000005 is always because of faulty memory? Or not always?

Comment

Exception Code 0xc0000005 does not necessarily mean faulty RAM.

A quick google search produces the following page:
        http://compfreakstars.blogspot.ca/2011/11/0xc0000005-error-every-day-many.html

Comment

i read somewhere that error code 0xc0000005 means faulty ram for 99%. Is that true?

Even f memtest86 passed without errors. Something will crash with that error it is mean that ram is faulty. ?

Comment

Is that true?
            No. It is not true at all.

0xC0000005 means the program had an "Access Violation".
            Access Violation means the program has attempted to access a memory location that it shouldn't. The most common cause of this happening is a programming bug by the developer. This is doubly the case where the fault only occurs in one piece of software. Hardware faults don't tend to discriminate, they (can) effect all the software on the machine.

Comment

Working...
            X