Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 10 - get corrupted - can be memory related?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 - get corrupted - can be memory related?

Getting weird two issues on Windows 10 Pro. Everytime i properly restart system windows after next boot windows showing Automatiic repair and then again is restart. And event viewer showing that closing system was not properly.But windows was closed properly.
    Second issue.
    Some of the applications randomly wont run. I mean i am clicking to open and nothing happens. I cant run task manager because he wont opening. I cant run event viewer because he wont opening. And all of rest applications randomly wont run. Sometimes logout from my account in Windows and log again help and then some of the applications run properly. Also when i am playing games all is fine and stable and no crashes.
    Problem is only with opening applications in Windows 10. I made clean install on a fresh formatted disk month ago.

Somebody said to me that issue can be in bad rams or bad ssd.

So first i checked HDTUNE , but HDTUNE dont reporting BAD SECTORS and Smart is 100% GOOD according to CrystalDiskInfo. Next i tried Memtest86 but after few hours dont find any errors. So question is can windows get corrupted by faulty memory? But memtest86 dont find anything.

My system is on stock. 4790k stock, 16gb DDR3 Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz, Corsair 750 RM, Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2, Asus Strix 980 Ti Oc, Samsung 250 GB SSD EVO

There are many ways to end up with hard disk corruption without having bad RAM.

For example it could be malware.

So are you saying that you did a clean install of Windows, then immediately after the install (before installing any other software) you can't get task manager to open? Or was it OK for a month after the Win10 install, then suddenly went bad?

Comment

It was ok for a month, then suddenly went bad.

Windows broke ( just like i stated above ) after long run of memtest86 . Is this only coincidence ?
      I was testing memtest86 then i stopped testing and boot windows, and then windows broke.
      But Memtest96 not showing errors.
      Last edited by sew999; Feb-12-2016, 12:56 AM.

Comment

In your first post you said the computer was broken, then while trying to fix it someone suggested checking the RAM and the disk. After which you ran MemTest86.

In your last post you are saying it was all working perfectly, but then (for reasons unknown) you run MemTest86 and it stopped working.

Both statements can't be true.

Comment

Because few times i run memtest86 . But system get broken after my last run of memtest86. After 3 hours of memtest86 i stop testing, restart pc , and then system get broken. ( cant get to task manager, cant get to event viewer, programs slowly responding )
          Is this only coincidence that system get broke after run of memtest ?
          Sorry for my bad language,hope you understand.

Just all was fine before run of memtest86. I stopped testing, restart pc,and then windows broke.
          Last edited by sew999; Feb-12-2016, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Your timeline still makes no sense.

But the answer is no, running MemTest86 can't corrupt your Windows install.

Comment

Sorry for my bad language. I mean when i finish testing memory in memtest86 i restart pc and then windows broke. Is this because memory heated up in memtest and damage windows or not?

Comment

Hmmm maybe reason was because i had low sdd free space when windows corrupt? I remember i had only 20gb left from 232 gb.

Comment

Based on the issues you are describing ("cant get to task manager, cant get to event viewer, programs slowly responding"), it seems more likely to be a software issue rather than a memory issue. Symptoms of bad memory are less predictable and are usually more catastrophic (BSOD, crashes, etc.)

If you are still not convinced, you can try replacing the RAM with known good RAM to see if that fixes anything.

Comment

Also this is weird issue. Last time when I upgraded my RAM I ran memtest without error, but after finished test i reboot pc and Automatiic repair started before windows. Is this something with memory ? Memory trigger that error? Or it is software issue?

Also i meet other person with the same problem and issue. So it is software related or we had something with memory?
                    Last edited by sew999; Feb-16-2016, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sew999 View Post
                      Also this is weird issue. Last time when I upgraded my RAM I ran memtest without error, but after finished test i reboot pc and Automatiic repair started before windows. Is this something with memory ? Memory trigger that error? Or it is software issue?

Also i meet other person with the same problem and issue. So it is software related or we had something with memory?
                      Did you install Microsoft update recently? I heard that some of the latest Windows updates trigger reboot glitch for some users. I think this is some kind of software issues.

Comment

That was after 5 hours of memtest session.

Symptoms when i exit memtest and booted windows :

Windows in 1 boot showing always automatic repair and diagnosing pc . Then after restart windows boot normally. And always when i use restart button from windows , just before boot windows showing automatic repair. Then after second boot, windows boot fine without automatic repair.

So it is software issue or something with hardware?

Comment

Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem occurs only when starting system again after shutdown.

Comment

that's why I still use windows 8, and the 10 version is not yet finalized

Comment

Working...
                            X